It’s true that home buyers can buy a home without the help of a real estate agent, but buying a house is not as simple as buying a cup of coffee or new clothing. Purchasing a home is more complicated than it looks and the real estate transaction involves interacting with many key persons in the process – the lender, the appraiser, the home inspector, the lawyer to name some. It would be really overwhelming for you if you deal with the whole process alone.
While you can save money by doing the hard work alone – going solo is not the way to go and in the end may cost you more than the real estate commission your agent gets.
Here’s why you should drop the idea of going solo. This list tells you why it is better to work with a real estate agent in buying your home.
- Access. Most homes for sale are available online for home buyers to see, but buyers don’t have access to all homes for sale that is not publicized. Your real estate agent has access to that and also has easy access to all properties listed by other agents.
- Convenience. Your agent can help you find the right property that meets your needs. He or she will be the one in touch with the seller’s agent to set an appointment for home showings.
- Negotiating Skills. You agent acts as the middle man and can write requests objectively and inform the seller without getting in the trouble of being too emotional. Remember that sellers can outright reject an offer for simply hating your guts. Your agent can help smooth things when the transaction gets tougher.
- Handling the Paperwork. The documents involved in the transaction like disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multipage settlement statements can be tough to handle by a non-professional. That’s why your agent is there for you to tackle the paperwork.
- Agents Act in Your Best Interest. Indeed, because an agent under an agency agreement is bound by common law to a fiduciary relationship – in layman’s term, your agent is bound to act in your best interest.
- Not All Can Save Money. Mostly think that they can save money by not using a real estate agent. It doesn’t happen all the time. Why? The commission is payable to the listing agent who agrees to pay a portion of it to the buyer’s agent so when there is no agent representing a buyer, the listing agent gets all the commission.
Buying a home is a major financial decision and more often than not, it is really overwhelming. Take less of the trouble by working with an agent, afterall not you, but the seller pays for your agent’s commission.
Looking to buy? Are you a first time home buyer? We can help! The J Michael Manley Team go above and beyond to help you find the perfect home, from searching the right property that meets your real estate needs until you finally sign the deal. We will walk you through the process and make sure that you get the best deal possible. Are you ready to find the right home?
Contact us or Call us at 864-881-1258