How can you sell your home fast and for top dollar? That would be a tough question to answer for first time sellers. The task would be too daunting especially if you don’t know the things you need to do. But don’t be intimated, others have done it and so can you.
If you are a first-time home seller looking to have a successful sale, these 5 tips will help you get started.
- Clean and Declutter. Prep your house when you’re getting ready to put it on the market, it will increase your chances of getting a good offer. Clean and declutter and show your home in the best light possible. Make your potential buyers visualize themselves living in your home. These tips in decluttering your home will help you.
- Prepare your home. Make sure that your property is in good condition. Problems with electrical wiring or plumbing can affect your home’s value and appeal. It is good to hire a home inspector before you list your home, that way you will know first-hand if your home has issues that need fixing. You can also use it as a marketing strategy because you are being upfront about the property and that will give confidence and peace of mind to your potential buyers.
- Work with a real estate agent. Selling a home by owner is tempting but it is also a big risk to take especially for first time sellers. Working with a real estate agent can often actually get your home sold. They can give you reasonable advice on preparing your home for sale, they can give CMAs that will help you price your home right, they can market your home fully and work their contacts and make sure your home gets the right exposure, and they do all the paper works for you. You just have to choose the right agent to work with. Someone who knows your neighborhood, has the experience, and someone you can trust.
- Price your home right. Be realistic in pricing your home. Pricing your home correctly can get your home sold quickly. If you overprice your home, it will not sell and will likely languish on the market.
- Great photos help. Most buyers do their home search online and the first thing that catches their attention is the photo. Good pictures are crucial in marketing your home. They can drive more traffic to your listing and increase the chances of your home getting sold.
Read more: How to stage your home for little or no cost
Are you selling your home? We can help! The J Michael Manley Team go above and beyond to get your home sold in the market. Our marketing efforts are geared toward getting your home sold as quickly as possible for top dollar.