As a home seller, attracting your potential buyers to appreciate the value of your home is one of your goals and an open house is one of the best ways to do that.
Now that you’re ready to showcase your home to your potential buyers, these are great ideas for you to have a successful open house.
Plan your open house carefully
A successful open house all started with a careful plan. When are you going to do it? How long would it be? What other things you need to do to prepare your home? If you are listing with the help of a real estate professional, you can talk to your agent about what you need to do, your agent can give you valuable advice about what needs to be done. If you are selling your home on your own, you can visit open houses yourself to get an idea, you could also talk to experience professionals and get some advice.
Advertise your open house
There are many ways to get prospective buyers and agents to your open house.
- Talk to your neighbors. Your neighbors are the most important sales people, they are like your scouts.
- Post flyers to places with good traffic. To ensure that many people can see your flyer.
- Advertise on Craigslist, it’s one of the most popular sites where home buyers search for properties.
- Send invitation to your network, this includes your relatives, friends, colleagues, and acquaintances.
- If you are working with an agent, make sure your agent is advertising your open house on many real-estate websites.
- Update your ‘for sale’ sign with an ‘open house’ sign a week before the actual open house.
Organizing your open house
Add this check list so you will have a stress free open house.
- Clean any last minute clutter, remember to make your home squeaky clean inside and outside. It will show well.
- Turn on all the lights. Pull all blinds and curtains to let natural light in and to fill your house with fresh air.
- Put away all personal artifacts.
- Keep all your jewelry, wallet, and other personal valuables in a safe place.
- Turn on music at soft level to set the mood.
- Be friendly and greet each buyer who enters the home.
- Your house should not only look clean but smell clean, if you must you could bake cookies to create an inviting smell which you can also serve to your prospective buyers.
- Provide handouts, if you’re selling by owner, that contain information about the house, have pens/papers ready for notes and comments.
- Do not crowd the buyer, let him/her roam the house.
- Ask for feedback, don’t hesitate to ask what they thought of your home and would they consider buying it.
Read more: How to Declutter Your Home for Sale
Are you selling your home? We can help! The J Michael Manley Team go above and beyond to get your home sold in the market. Our marketing efforts are geared toward getting your home sold as quickly as possible for top dollar.
Contact us or Call us at 864-881-1352