When it comes to home updates, home sellers often put their money into kitchen renovation. A kitchen makeover can add to the value of your home and give high return of investment. A home also has a better chance of selling fast and for more money if the kitchen has been updated. But what if you are tight on budget?
Many people spend thousands of dollars on kitchen renovation, but the good thing is you can put together a very good-looking kitchen without spending as much. Here are some affordable ways to update your kitchen.
- Paint. This is the most affordable changes you can make in your kitchen and it has the most impact. With just a can of paint, you can give your kitchen a whole new look. Choose a color that would add charm to your kitchen. Colors help set the mood, and since the kitchen is often a gathering place in the home, and one of the rooms home buyers look first, choose a color that is both welcoming and energizing.
- Lighting fixtures. Good light is the thing buyers want most in a house. Don’t be content with one fixture lighting the whole kitchen. Lighting will add aesthetic value to your kitchen. You may want to consider adding pendants above an island if you have one or adding accent lighting.
- Cabinet. If you are tight on a budget, you don’t need to overhaul your cabinets, simply painting them will give it a fresh look. Choose a color that would make it stand out.
- Countertops. There are great laminate countertops available that will give a new look to your kitchen, but if you have more money to spare, invest in granite. Granite is becoming incredibly popular and it is more durable.
- Faucet and sinks. This is another update that could cut more in your budget but is worth it. If they are 10 years old, update them.
Updating your kitchen is one of the best things you can do if you want sell your home faster. Kitchens yield the most return on investments and whatever changes you can afford to make will go a long way.
Read more: Tips for Staging a Bathroom When Selling
Are you selling your home? We can help! The J Michael Manley Team go above and beyond to get your home sold in the market. Our marketing efforts are geared toward getting your home sold as quickly as possible for top dollar.
Contact us or Call us at 864-881-1352