A clutter-free home
To sell your home fast and for the highest price, one of the things you need to do is to present your home in the best possible light. Cleaning and de-cluttering your home can gain you more bucks at the time of the sale and it will only just cost you a few hundred dollars.
A clutter free home will also make it more attractive to buyers. It’s easier for them to picture themselves living in your house if your house is not filled with your personal items. So roll up your sleeves and start de-cluttering. Here are some tips for you to get you started.
- Remove your personal items like family photos, prized trophies, framed certificates, collections etc., in every part of the house. This maybe a difficult step for you but you have to prepare yourself emotionally. Commit yourself to being a ‘home seller’ and not a ‘home owner’.
- Get rid of the clutter. Go through the items and get rid of the things you do not need anymore. You can either have a yard sale or donate it. If you have a lot of items you don’t want to let go and you don’t have a space to store them, you can rent a storage unit or neatly store them in your garage.
- Buyers inspect every nook and cranny of your home and that includes your closet, cupboards, and cabinets. No matter how big storage is, if it looks crowded, it looks small. Free up some space, buyers love space.
- Organized your kitchen by using canisters or jars to store lose or bagged items. A well-organized kitchen creates an image of ample storage. Remove other stuff all over the kitchen counters and keep only the essentials. Clear artwork, magnets from the refrigerator.
- Reduce your furniture. Remove extra chairs or other furniture to make the rooms in your house appear larger.
- If you are using a bedroom as a study room or as a TV room, bring back the room to its original purpose. Make sure every room shows its original purpose.
- Clean the house until the place sparkles, it’s easier to clean now that you have removed the clutter. Rid every corner of grime, cobwebs, mildew, stains, animal hair and dust.
- Get the agent take photos after you have done cleaning and de-cluttering. Great marketing photos will drive more potential buyers to your door.
Read more: 10 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO GET YOUR HOME SOLD FAST
Are you selling your home? We can help! The J Michael Manley Team go above and beyond to get your home sold in the market. Our marketing efforts are geared toward getting your home sold as quickly as possible for top dollar.