2015 is a great year for first time home buyers to get a foot on the housing ladder. There are good news in the latest Greenville real estate market report. January 2015 shows a 7.3% increase in homes sold. Last month also shows a 4% off asking price on average sales price of $198,655. If you are a first time home buyer in Greenville SC, 2015 could be the right year to buy your first home.
Here are three reasons why 2015 presents a great opportunity to buy a home:
- Rent prices remain high and have no signs of diminishing. Since monthly mortgages are lower than the average rent, buying a home is the better option.
- Interest rates are still at historic lows and they won’t stay that low forever. Buying a home at this time is a golden opportunity.
- There are signs pointing towards a strong spring and summer sales.
Here are four things you can do to get ready when buying a house:
- Check your credit report. There are online sites where you can get this for free. If you don’t have any credit, start building one. Get a credit card through the bank and use it to buy for your groceries, utilities, gas and pay it off each month. The better your credit score is, the lower your interest rate will be. If you have bad credit, pay off your debts and always pay on time.
- Meet with a lender and get pre-approved. The lender will examine your financial situation and your credit history. The lender will then give you a document that details how much you can borrow to buy a home.
- Know how much you can afford. Even if the lender says you can afford more, don’t buy a house that is above your means. To help how much house you can afford, calculate your debts, your monthly housing costs, and other expenses.
- Hire a buyer’s agent. A buyer’s agent can help you in the buying process. He or she can help you find the right property, negotiate for you, handle all the paperwork and act in your best interest. Most of all, you don’t pay for his/her service because the seller pays for their commission.
If you are a first time home buyer and you are considering buying your first home. Don’t hesitate to give us a call, we can surely help! Make your dreams of owning your first home a reality.
Read more: Home Buying Fees Every Home Buyer Should Know
Looking to buy? Are you a first time home buyer? We can help! The J Michael Manley Team go above and beyond to help you find the perfect home, from searching the right property that meets your real estate needs until you finally sign the deal. We will walk you through the process and make sure that you get the best deal possible. Are you ready to find the right home?